Nominations are open for the 2019 Georgia Small Business ROCK STARS! Nominate yourself or another great Georgia small business who you think is deserving of ROCK STAR status for this year.
What’s New This Year?
There are new categories so please be sure to check the one that best describes your business. They also now peer-to-peer judging which includes the current 2018 ROCK STARS who will also be judging the finalists.
- All types of Georgia small businesses can apply. Nominate your own company or another great Georgia small business.
- You must employ under 100 (total Georgia employment).
- You must be a Georgia-based, for-profit company.
- If you have been assisted by your local or state economic development resources (see application for details), you will receive BONUS points.
Winners are expected to:
- Attend the awards luncheon.
- Take part in producing a short video about your business on location at your company.
- Provide a high-res product or service photo(s) to be included in promotional materials, size 1200px or higher.
- March 18, 2019, in Atlanta – Location TBD
About the Program:
The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) and the Georgia Economic Developers Association (GEDA) team up every year to recognize the outstanding, unique and impactful small businesses in the state of Georgia.
This unique endeavor for Georgia is a huge success only because of the small businesses that impact Georgia every day…the risks, the innovation, the outreach, the reasons why…all of these qualities abound in Georgia and we want to recognize them.
Deadline: September 15, 2018
Does Your Business Standout and Get Noticed Online?
Today 3 out of 4 shoppers search online when they want to find a business, and 7 out of 10 made a purchase from a business they found using a search engine.
Businesses with optimized Google Business listings have a much better chance of getting a customer’s attention when they are searching online.
Google research suggests that customers are 50% more likely to consider purchasing from businesses with a complete listing.
Does this sound like you…
- Claiming your Google Business Listing has been something you’ve been meaning to do, but just haven’t gotten around to it.
- You’ve claimed your Google Busines Listing but it’s not fully optimized with photos, business services listed, or branding messages.
- You’re so busy, you honestly don’t have the time to do it. And the thought of giving up family time to watch a set of YouTube tutorials on how to do it properly is unappealing.